Deadline for Long Service Award Submissions
The Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment has been presenting Municipal Long Service Awards to mayors, deputy mayors, and councillors since 1983.
Click here to download the form: Long Service or here: http://www.mae.gov.nl.ca/forms/Muncpl_LS_Award_Info_App_Elctd_Officials17.pdf
Municipal Long Service Award certificates are presented to individuals who have served on municipal councils for a cumulative period of 12, 16, 20, 25, 30 or 35 years.
To further recognize 35 years of service, the department also provides a $500.00 grant to help defray costs of a celebratory event for the individual, hosted by the municipality.
Please help recognize eligible individuals for their contributions to municipal government by completing and submitting the attached form. Eligible applicants will be recognized at an appreciation banquet on November 4, 2017, in Corner Brook, as part of Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador’s Annual Convention.
Completing the Application Form:
- Use one form per applicant.
- Print name of applicant and name of municipality.
- Indicate the periods of service as Mayor, Deputy Mayor, or Councillor.
- Provide all information required regarding service dates.
- Years of service do not need to be continuous.
- Service of applicant is eligible up to September 26, 2017.
- The completed application form must be received by August 20, 2017.
Send completed application forms to:
Carol Hanlon, Local Governance and Planning Division
Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment
P.O. Box 8700, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6
Phone: 709-729-3090 / Fax: 709-729-3221