The Municipal Symposium, taking place this year on May 3-5 in Gander, provides local leaders from around the province a unique opportunity to come together and discuss relevant issues and seek out solutions to grow the municipal sector in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Registration fee is $275.00 per person.
Municipal Affairs and Environment is providing funding assistance for municipal representatives to attend the MNL Symposium. Click here to download the Subsidy form: MNL Symposium 2018 subsidy form
Refund Policy: The deadline for cancellations is Wednesday, April 25th, 2018. MNL will NOT issue refunds after that date.
MNL has a block of rooms available for booking at The Quality Inn (709) 256-3931, The Comfort Inn (709) 256-3535, and The Albatross Hotel (709) 256-3956. Other accommodations in Gander include Sinbad’s Hotel & Suites (709) 651-2678.
Here is what you can expect on the 2018 AGENDA:
- BAM! NL – Asset Management Support Program
- Cannabis – Municipal Regulations and Revenue
- Community Economic Development Toolkit Launch
- Municipal Legislative Review Consultation
- Muskrat Falls and Beyond – saving electricity costs or generating your own
- New Council Training Program Launch
- New Councillor Session/Lounge
- New MNL Governance Hotline Launch
- New Tidy Towns Program Launch
- Women Councillor Caucus
- Young Councillor Caucus