The registration fee for municipal delegates attending this event is $275.00 per person. Cancellation deadline is Wednesday, April 26th, 2017. MNL will not issue refunds after that date.
Some of the topics included in this year’s agenda: (Symposium AGENDA)
- Our Provincial Outlook
- Terry Paddon, Auditor General and Dr. Robert Greenwood, Harris Centre
- Our Municipal Outlook
- President Karen Oldford and Craig Pollett, Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador
- The New Normal of Municipal Infrastructure
- Governance Working Group featuring four of MNL’s past presidents.
- Provincial Budget Debrief
- Municipal Awareness Day launch
- Regional Governance
- Respectful Workplace
- Municipal Wastewater Solutions
- Presumptive Cancer in Fire Fighters
…and don’t miss the MNL Celebrity Roast & Reception, honouring Mayor Claude Elliott. Come prepared with your memories and one liners to help cook his goose on Friday, May 5, 2017.
SPONSORSHIPS: Be part of the discussion! Share you ideas and bring solutions to the Municipal Symposium. Click here for the Municipal Symposium Sponsorship package or email Dana Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Municipal Training Financial Assistance Fund is available for this event. Please contact Deann Spurrell, Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment, Email: DeannSpurrell@gov.nl.ca / Tel: 729-5401 / Toll Free 1-877-729-4393 / Fax: 729-3605
Accommodations: MNL does not allocate rooms for the Municipal Symposium. Please contact one of the hotels listed below to secure your overnight accommodations.
MNL has a block of rooms held at each of the hotels below for the Municipal Symposium. Please inquire for availability.
- Hotel Gander, 100 Trans-Canada Hwy – Phone: (709) 256-3931
- Comfort Inn, 112 Trans-Canada Hwy, – Phone:(709) 256-3535
- Albatross Hotel, 114 Trans-Canada Highway, – Phone:(709) 256-3956
- Sinbad’s Hotel & Suites, 133 Bennett Dr – Phone:(709) 651-2678
Dietary Needs: If you have food allergies or require special dietary options such as vegetarian or vegan meals please contact the MNL office via email email@example.com or telephone: 753-6820 at your earliest convenience.
Accessibility: All MNL meeting spaces are fully accessible. If you require an accessible room, please inform the hotel when making your overnight reservation.